It’s no secret anymore that the newcomer in social media is slowly rising up to the big guys. Pinterest is capturing the attention people all over the globe from casual internet surfers to businesses.
This online virtual pinboard that feature all things people love not only serves as a compilation of interesting images and illustrations but can also serve as an online storefront. The most notable brands that are on Pinterest are Zappos , Ikea , Etsy, and General Electric.
Pinterest allows businesses to promote their products and services and to post information about them through interesting illustrations.
There are various things to remember when it comes to using Pinterest for any function it may serve a user. This includes the following:
- Respect users–Comments and conversations should reflect respect for every user of the site.
- Originality–Users are urged to use their own illustrations or images unless they are re-pinning other people’s posts.
- Cite Sources–Pins should be linked to the original sources as much as possible. This gives proper credit to artists.
- Nasty Content Must Always be Reported–Nudity, hateful content, and posts that cause other users to harm themselves are banned from the site. If such pins are spotted, users are requested to report it to the admin through clicking the Report Content button.
- Give Ideas on How to Make Pinterest Better–Since it is fairly new on the internet, users are requested to report errors in the functionality of the site. Suggestions are also highly appreciated. Such concerns can be set to email@example.com.